Rene Caisse brought an ancient remedy into modern use
The original formula is thought to come from the native Canadian Ojibwa Indians. The nurse Rene Caisse learned of the natural herbal formula directly from these indigenous people. Rene Caisse had great feeling for suffering people. As a caring and compassionate nurse she desired her legacy to reflect her life's endeavour to make this herbal tea available to any who might need it. It was popularly referred to as Essiac (a reversal of her surname). Rene treated people at her clinic for over 40 years without charge.
The four main herbs that make up the tea are Burdock Root 84g, Slippery Elm 16g, Sheep Sorrel 64g and Rhubarb Root 4g.
Instructions for preparation
• Boil 4 pints (2.27 litre) of filtered water in a pan.
• Mix together the two bags of herbs.
• Stir in 2oz (approx 57g) of the herb mix with a wooden utensil and cover.
• Bring to boil and leave boiling no longer than 10 mins.
• Remove from heat and stir, bringing herbs from sides of pan back into the center.
• Cover and let stand for 6 hours.
• Stir well, replace lid, and leave for another 6 hours to steep.
• Stir, cover, and bring to the boil. Remove from heat and stand for 5 minutes before straining.
• Funnel liquid into brown sterile glass bottles with screw tops and seal immediately. Once cool keep refrigerated.
Directions for use
Heat 4 tablespoons (57ml) of filtered water to boiling.
Add 4 tablespoons of the decoction.
Sip slowly on an empty stomach - no food for 2 hours before dose and 1 hour afterwards.
Pack contains approximately one month's supply.
Taken from information provided by the Rene Caisse information pool.
*Disclaimer: This information/product shown is not to be used as medical advice and/or to be used in place of medical treatment. All information/products are to be used only as a food supplement and must not be used to treat.
Most orders are sent by either 1st class Royal Mail or if requested by DPD.
We aim to dispatch orders received before 1.30pm (UK time) on the same day, excluding weekends and national holidays.
Next day delivery applies to working days only, guaranteed if a courier is selected and the order is received before 1.30pm.
If you have changed your mind about keeping an item we understand and we happily accept returns within 30 days, as long as the item is unopened and returned in original condition we are happy to provide a full refund for the item or exchanged for goods of the same value. Please note that due to the hygienic nature of some oral and body care products we are unable to accept items back where the packaging seal has been breached. If you have received a faulty item or an item in error, we will see to it that you receive the correct item at no extra cost. Please use the "contact us" page and we will be happy to help.